Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar

Welcome family, friends and Rotarians around the world! Thanks to the generous support of the Rotary Foundation and Rotary International I have been awarded the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship to continue my studies in Managua, Nicaragua. I welcome you to travel with me and share my adventures, and mis- adventures while adjusting to the culture, continuing my education through my organic beef research project, and fulfilling my ambassadorial duties. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States

What to say about oneself. I like to think of myself as a person with a passion for life. I like to live fully and I see what life has to offer. To this end I enjoy the arts and traveling in general. Specifically, I like latin dancing, and music from the carribean both english and spanish speaking. I love animals - hence the Vet part. I have a connection with God... that sustains me.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Why do I always feel as if I am catching up??

As usual it has been too long since I have posted an entry but I have come to terms with the fact that I am not a journalist. :) I know my profession and journalism is not it.

To that end I will try to do some catching up. Since the last post I went to Costa Rica with friends from the States. It was so good to see them all and get to explore a little bit more of Central America. A side note that most Americans may not know is there is a kind of rivalry and feud between the countries of Nicaragua and Costa Rica. The rift goes back a long time in history with varies reason ( ownership of Rio San Juan, a war where something was burned and someone took something, and the economic/ political / social differences between the countries). Regardless the countries in land mass are very similar. Check out the picks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home