Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar

Welcome family, friends and Rotarians around the world! Thanks to the generous support of the Rotary Foundation and Rotary International I have been awarded the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship to continue my studies in Managua, Nicaragua. I welcome you to travel with me and share my adventures, and mis- adventures while adjusting to the culture, continuing my education through my organic beef research project, and fulfilling my ambassadorial duties. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States

What to say about oneself. I like to think of myself as a person with a passion for life. I like to live fully and I see what life has to offer. To this end I enjoy the arts and traveling in general. Specifically, I like latin dancing, and music from the carribean both english and spanish speaking. I love animals - hence the Vet part. I have a connection with God... that sustains me.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

WSPA and UCC work horse extension



Ok so I did not show up in any of the pictures but this article explains a lot of the work that I help to do at the university.

The article basically explains about the university and its work in the community. How we go to various neighborhoods and provide free services for the work horses.

altogether there are many days similar to this because this service is on a rotating schedule every 2 weeks to different neighborhoods, this day memorable for me because I had an accident and got splashed with Cascosan. The Cascosan splashed into my face and eyes as I was helping a student. To put it plainly it burns and I know what and eyes for 15 minutes with Saline feels like.

Considering that I am typing this message on my computer, my eyes still work. Mom you can stop worrying now :) .

http://nacion.com/proa/2006/septiembre/03/reportajes810799.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home