Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar

Welcome family, friends and Rotarians around the world! Thanks to the generous support of the Rotary Foundation and Rotary International I have been awarded the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship to continue my studies in Managua, Nicaragua. I welcome you to travel with me and share my adventures, and mis- adventures while adjusting to the culture, continuing my education through my organic beef research project, and fulfilling my ambassadorial duties. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States

What to say about oneself. I like to think of myself as a person with a passion for life. I like to live fully and I see what life has to offer. To this end I enjoy the arts and traveling in general. Specifically, I like latin dancing, and music from the carribean both english and spanish speaking. I love animals - hence the Vet part. I have a connection with God... that sustains me.

Monday, September 11, 2006

In the News!



Just give an idea of what is going on the link that follows is to the newspaper atricle that came out today. For all that can read the article in Spanish. For those that cant a brief summary.

The Rotaract Clubs in Nicaragua just finished their first country wide project. All the clubs from Managua, Masaya, Granada, Chinandega, Leon and Carazo participated to collect clothes, Medicine, and Books. The supplies are destined for Nicaraguans living in Costa Rica along the Atlantic Coast. Thesuppliess will be distributed by the Rotaract Clubs in Costa Rica.

It was a hot and long day but ultimately very rewarding!


http://www-ni.laprensa.com.ni/archivo/2006/septiembre/11/noticias/nacionales/143010.shtml

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hey Nneka! I'm sorry I haven't stayed in touch! Sounds like you are doing great work over there and looking forward to you coming back to the states! :) -Erin

10/02/2006 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home