Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar

Welcome family, friends and Rotarians around the world! Thanks to the generous support of the Rotary Foundation and Rotary International I have been awarded the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship to continue my studies in Managua, Nicaragua. I welcome you to travel with me and share my adventures, and mis- adventures while adjusting to the culture, continuing my education through my organic beef research project, and fulfilling my ambassadorial duties. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States

What to say about oneself. I like to think of myself as a person with a passion for life. I like to live fully and I see what life has to offer. To this end I enjoy the arts and traveling in general. Specifically, I like latin dancing, and music from the carribean both english and spanish speaking. I love animals - hence the Vet part. I have a connection with God... that sustains me.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Grenada/ First Rotary Contacts

So Lucky! So my friend ( Marie Elena) from my trip to Nicaragua in 2004 lives in Grenada. I spent my last week in Grenada with her family. It was great. Marie Elena's mom was almost a perfect stand in. Not like anyone could take your place Mom ;-)

The lucky part is that Marie Elena's aunt Ovidia Sandoval is a Rotarian as well as a spansih/english teacher. Sweet! I have my Rotary contact, a new friend, and constant teacher in one.

Ovidia helped me get connected with the Rotarians in Grenada and make my first presentation to the club here in Grenada. I am still waiting for my official host counselor who shold be helping me make contacts and set up oppourtunities for me to give talks to various clubs and organizations. A rotarian couple invited me to spend the weekend of Semana Santa with them in Grenada and help the club with a fundraiser. I have been making busness cards because I think that most of the clubs in the country will send a representative to this meeting/ fundraiser. We will see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM HAPPY THAT YOU ARE GETTING SETTLED IN!
Hopefully, all the negatives are now behind youand that the rest of your stay will be productive and memorable .
Do make a video of at least one of your presentations!
mucho amor
CNG

3/29/2006 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home