Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar

Welcome family, friends and Rotarians around the world! Thanks to the generous support of the Rotary Foundation and Rotary International I have been awarded the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship to continue my studies in Managua, Nicaragua. I welcome you to travel with me and share my adventures, and mis- adventures while adjusting to the culture, continuing my education through my organic beef research project, and fulfilling my ambassadorial duties. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States

What to say about oneself. I like to think of myself as a person with a passion for life. I like to live fully and I see what life has to offer. To this end I enjoy the arts and traveling in general. Specifically, I like latin dancing, and music from the carribean both english and spanish speaking. I love animals - hence the Vet part. I have a connection with God... that sustains me.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Homestay Family in Granada




Here are just some photos of the family I have been staying with in Granada. I had a great time with them. There was Juliana ( I called here Abulita Juliana), Julio her son, and Julio´s family. His familiy included his wife and 2 kids. Julio´s daughter lives there with her 9 mo old son, Julio Cesar ( aka - terimotito). Señor terimotito is the delight of the entire family and is always in everything! I learned a lot of spanish form them talking to and about Julio Ceasar ( some good words and others not as polite). Abuelita Juliana went to great pains to make sure that I was enjoying my meals. I appreciated that very much. I just loved the way she would say ¨Buena la joven¨ when I cleaned my plate. I will miss them.
Next week is the last week of language training and I am spending the week with the family of a student that I met last time I was in Granada in 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home